MECC Link - Simple Signposting to Better Health and Wellbeing
Humberside Police - LEPH
National Support Services
Rape and Sexual Assault
Rape Crisis England and wales
Tel: 0808 802 9999. Open between12.00-14.30 and 19.00-21.30 every day of the year
National Women’s Aid England - Information about support services for women experiencing domestic violence.
Tel: 0117 944 4411 | 24-hour domestic violence helpline: 0808 2000 247
Revenge Porn Helpline
UK service supporting adults (aged 18+) who are experiencing intimate image abuse, also known as, revenge porn. Self-referral and Professional referral - signposting only
Tel: 0345 6000 459 Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) - 10:00 to 16:00
The Survivors Trust - Support for victims/survivors of rape, sexual violence and childhood sexual abuse. working with women, men and children.
Tel: 08088 010 818. Mon - Fri 10am-8:30pm, Sat 10am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-4:30pm, 6pm-8:30pm, Sun 1:30pm-4:30pm, 6pm-8:30pm
Safeline - National helpline to support male victims of rape and sexual abuse.
Tel: 0808 800 5005. Open office hours except Weds and Sundays.
Child Sexual Exploitation
The Truth Project
Offer victims and survivors of child sexual abuse the chance to share their experiences in a safe place. Self-referral and Professional referral - signposting only
Tel: 0800 9171000 Open weekdays 9am-5pm
Childline - Free and confidential 24hr helpline for children
Tel: 0800 1111
NSPCC - Trained professionals who can provide expert advice and support when there is concern about the welfare of a child
Tel: 0808 800 5000 Weekday 8.00am-10.00pm and Weekends 9.00am-6.00pm
Barnardo’s – Cut them free campaign. A campaign targeted at tackling CSE.
Tel: 01332 585371
National Helpline for male victims of sexual exploitation
Tel: 07808 863 662
CEOP - A law enforcement agency providing support and advice for children, adults or teachers about keeping children safe from sexual abuse and grooming online. Submit a report online https://www.ceop.police.uk/ceop-reporting/
Crimestoppers - An independent crime-fighting charity in the UK allows people to call or pass on information about crime anonymously.
Tel: 0800 555 111
How HP deal with reports of rape or sexual assault
Sexual Assault Referral Centres - A Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) is a "one stop" location, where specially trained staff can offer medical, practical and emotional support to those who have experienced sexual violence or sexual abuse. In addition to accessing services via the police, clients also have the option to self-refer if they do not want police involvement.
Humberside – Casa Suite SARC (Hull) 0330 223 0181
Email: email@example.com (for non-urgent queries – the email inbox is not monitored out of hours, but they will get back to you as soon as possible)
Address: CASA Suite SARC, 810A Hessle Road, Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU4 6RD
Other Useful contacts
South Yorkshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre – 0330 223 0181
Victim Support Service Humberside and South Yorkshire
Tel: 0300 303 1976 Monday to Friday 9am-8pm and Saturday 9am-1pm. For support outside open hours, call 24/7 Supportline for free on 08 08 16 89 111
24/7 Online Live Chat: https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/help-and-support/get-help/support-near-you/live-chat/
Hull Rape Crisis and Sexual Support Service - Counselling, Crisis Support/Information, Helpline, Outreach for women
Tel: 01482 329990 09.30am to 4.00pm (24hr answer service)
The Blue Door, East Riding of Yorkshire - Advocacy, Counselling, Crisis Support, Group Work and helpline for men, women, young people
Tel: Helpline: 0800 197 4787 Office: 01724 841947
Child Sexual Exploitation
*CONTENT IN DEVELOPMENT*
National Support Services for Sex Workers
National Ugly Mugs (NUM) is a national charity with a mission to ‘end violence against sex workers.’ NUM provides a mechanism for sex industry workers to report crimes they experience and share this information within their communities to warn others to potentially dangerous individuals and situations.
The service have a case work team that supports sex workers to further access criminal justice remedies and other services.
Tel: 0161 629 9861 (9am-5pm) Monday to Friday.
Sex workers can report information anonymously about crimes committed against themselves or other sex workers to this number. Tel: 0800 555 111 (24hr a day, 7 days a week).
SAAFE escort forum
A website and forum full of information to help escorts, particularly those new to the industry.
Suzy Lamplugh Trust
Raises awareness about personal safety and stalking and provides safety resources including personal safety alarms. Tel: 020 7091 0014 | www.suzylamplugh.org
Suzy Lamplugh National Stalking Helpline - Tel: 0808 802 0300 (Open 09.30-4.00pm) weekdays)
Sexual Health Information Line
24-hour free sexual health information line Tel: 0300 123 7123| Can provide information about your nearest sexual health/GUM clinic if you want screening for sexually transmitted infection, post-exposure prophylaxis or sexual health information.
Humberside Police officers are responsible for:
- Treating sex workers with dignity and respect.
- Understanding that modern technology plays a part in both `on` and `off `street prostitution as sex workers use social media and other internet sites for advertising and arranging meetings. Some sex work support projects now provide net reach to contact and offer support to sex workers using internet and digital technologies.
- Gaining their trust which will increase the confidence of sex workers to report crimes against them and create intelligence gathering opportunities as regards prostitution and the community as a whole.
- Provide sex workers with information about healthcare, social care,
welfare, education, housing, legal, financial, advice, safety and drug
treatment services and support necessary to address their needs and to minimise threat, risk and harm to them and supporting the providers of these services.
- Working and referring them to multi-agency partnerships so they can access fast track care pathways for support regarding drug and alcohol addiction, counsellors, housing, homeless units, hostels, mental health teams and physical health, domestic abuse and involvement with the criminal justice system. Raising awareness to these issues may reduce attrition rates in the criminal justice system.
- Creating opportunities and providing appropriate interventions to allow sex workers to leave prostitution if they choose to do so, e.g. using the guidance from the National Ugly Mugs Scheme and others.
- Creating a bespoke intelligence picture for each local area of active sex workers, which includes new sex workers to the area, men looking to pay for sexual services and exploiters/coercers and ensuring intelligence is used effectively by disseminating it at a local level.
- Using enforcement as a very last option, as part of a proportionate and staged approach, which includes warnings, police engagement with local support projects, voluntary engagements with projects and existing diversionary mechanisms, and only when all support and mediation options have been exhausted.
Local advice and services
For instances of Sexual Violence and Exploitation please refer to the LEPH-Link Topic about Sexual Violence and Exploitation for guidance.
For advice and resources about Modern Slavery please refer to the Modern Slavery Topic
Yorkshire MESMAC offer services to various communities including men who have sex with men, BME people, people misusing drugs, sex workers and LGB&T young people and adults. Will provide free condoms and lube.
Hull Office – Tel: 01482 291190 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A sex workers support project for women (including transgender women) in Yorkshire and Humber.
Tel: 0113 243 0036 (9am-5pm) Monday to Friday. Voicemail service available. The service can offer mobile phones (including smart phones) if one is needed to stay in touch.
Conifer - Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare Services
Provides sexual and reproductive healthcare services in Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire. Individuals can call for an appointment if they require screening or treatment for an STI or contraception.
Tel: 01482 247111 - Office hours.
Please note that ALL patients, visitors and staff are required to wear a mask or face covering in all NHS buildings.